Eleven days after the introduction of Clips 1.0, we’d like to introduce Clips 1.1. First off we’d like to thank everyone for the tremendous feedback we’ve received so far. We take your feedback very seriously and are working hard to implement your great ideas. If you have a suggestion for a feature you’d like added to Clips, please let us know. Without further ado, here are some of the new features of Clips 1.1.
Assign Abbreviations to your Clips and Clips will type/paste them automatically for you when you enter the abbreviation anywhere on your Mac. Whatever formatting or content your Clips contains, it is pasted exactly the same when you type your Abbreviation. Use abbreviations for emails, signatures, code, or anything else you can think of.
Abbreviations are super handy for developers, allowing you to build up your Clips Library with snippets for blocks of code you use all the time. Insert loops, HTML code such as signatures, CSS classes, you name it and Clips can paste it.
Not a developer? No problem, Abbreviations are not just built for techie types. Use Abbreviations to replace common typos. Simply add the commonly misspelled words to your Clips Library and assign the misspelling as the Abbreviation. Presto chango, now you’re a genius!
Previews for your favorite sites
Browsing the through your Clips Library is fun, but what would make it even more fun? How about if your favorite Social Media sites would display a preview of the content it leads to?
Clips will now generate a preview and use that as the Clip for links copied from Flickr, IMDB, Amazon, YouTube, Vimeo, Google Video, College Humor, Revision3, Funny or Die, Hulu, Metacafe, Slideshare, Viddler and Qik.
Showing the preview is only the beginning, look for exciting new features in an upcoming version of Clips. We are looking to add support for more of your favorite sites, so please let us know which ones you like!
And of course…more!
As you can probably see from the screenshot above, the Board has received a significant facelift from 1.0, and now looks more lickable than ever. We have also addressed the + and – buttons in the Organizer that so many people have been requesting, and they function exactly as you’d expect. Among these UI changes, we’ve also added or fixed the following:
- Added a Hot corner preference to the Clips Board, now you can access the Board quickly with a mouse gesture.
- Improved Networking code
- Wrapping of long plain text
- The vCard plugin now displays picture if present for a copied contact
- Enable/disable keyboard monitoring either temporarily from the menu bar or permanently via Preferences.
- Selected Clips are now zoomed when hovered for better readability.
- Added a “Clear filter when exiting Board” preference.
- Improved automatic Clip background color matching.
- New “Clear Clipboard” context menu option for quickly clearing all contents of your clipboard.
- New Grayscale menubar icon.
- Added a “Report Bug/Feature request” form under “Help” menu.
- Fixed issue with Board and changing screen resolution.