Hey everyone, it is with great pleasure that I announce the immediate availablility of Linkinus for iPhone! Now, you can enjoy the most powerful and flexible internet relay chat (IRC) software on your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad or Mac.
Linkinus for iPhone provides many great iOS features, including:
- (new!) Multitasking: stay connected in the background for up to 10 minutes at a time. You’ll receive a notification when your about to be disconnected so you can jump back in if you’d like to remain online
- (new!) New Styles! Control, Circus, Midnight, and Whisper!
- (new!) Media Embedding: Just like the desktop! Get inline images, audio, and some HTML5 video. (More embedding options coming soon!)
- (new!) Configurable style options including font size, emoticons, timestamps, nick coloring, and more!
- (new!) Adjustable scrollback buffer
- (new!) Sort user list alphabetically or by privileges
- (new!) Redirect CTCP requests or notices to console, current window, or separate window
- (new!) Auto-correction (toggle on or off to your liking)
Aside from these great new iOS features, it shares many great features found in the Mac and iPad versions, including:
- Network selector helps you pick servers from the most popular chat networks
- Connect to an unlimited number of networks and channels
- Highlights: IRC can be overwhelming, but with Linkinus you’ll never miss an important message. When someone mentions your nickname, that line will be highlighted so you don’t miss it.
- Identities: it’s you, on IRC. Save your preferred and alternate nicknames in a reusable fashion. And if you provide password credentials, Linkinus will automatically authenticate to NickServ, NickOP, Q, X, G, SrvAuth and AuthServ.
- Displays IRC colors
- Autoconnect/autojoin features
- All standard IRC commands supported from the input field, such as: /me, /all, /away, /ban, /bankick, /clear, /nick, /join, /query, /notice, /quit, /part, /topic, /server, …)
- Blowfish support in channels & queries (/setkey sets the key, /delkey removes it, /key shows it). Automatic key exchange is also support via /keyx
- Channel op commands (/op, /deop, /voice, /devoice, /halfop, /dehalfop, …)
- OPER commands (/oper, /kill, /gline, …)
- Exploding emoticons (tap to cause them to explode)
Linkinus for iPhone costs $2.99 and is available now in the App Store.
PS: A note to our iPad users: These great new features will be available in Linkinus for iPad 1.2, submitted to Apple and waiting for approval.
Tags: app store, chat, ipad, iphone, iphone 4, Linkinus, release, Themes